Here’s an update from USP about the road construction that is staring by the Draper Prison. You can see more at www.corrections.utah.gov With this information you can plan accordingly when you visit and we really appreciate that the DOC posted this on their website to help visitors, staff and volunteers.
Freeway and Road Construction at Point of the Mountain
The Utah Department of Transportation has begun preliminary work at the 14600 South exit in preparation for rebuilding that intersection and expanding I-15 at the Point of the Mountain.
We want to share information about that project with friends and family and volunteers who may be visiting the prison so you can plan accordingly.
UDOT plans to expand the freeway between 12300 South and SR-92 in Lehi to six lanes in both directions. The overall project will take two years.
This is the work already underway:
- Preliminary work will take place between now and March 1 on the frontage roads (Pony Express Drive and Minuteman Drive) between 12600 South and Thanksgiving Point as crews mark utility lines in preparation for moving them
- A retaining wall will be installed on the west-side frontage road (Pony Express Drive) between SR-92 and 14600 South
- There will be nightly single-lane closures on the frontage road through the winter
- Temporary pavement and a concrete barrier will be installed at the 14600 South interchange
- Minuteman Drive will be moved east
- Freeway signs will be relocated
- Expect noise, dust and construction vibrations