Advocates for Criminal Justice Reform in UtahThe Utah Prisoner Advocate Network is a 501(c)3 nonprofit and 100% volunteer grassroots community outreach organization that aims to simplify the incarceration process for the inmates’ supporters—while also advocating for better conditions inside Utah jails and prisons. We do this primarily by educating the public through monthly support meetings and newsletters, an open dialogue with the Utah Department of Corrections / county jail administrations, legislative advocacy, guest speakers, coalition forming, and a shared network of useful resources. Instead of membership, our network constituents are formed by volunteers, criminal justice advocates, industry professionals, expert advisors, coalition organizations, formerly incarcerated individuals, and over 1,000 Utah families of the incarcerated and growing.
Our Mission Our Organizers Media Inquiries
Join the UPAN Family Support Group on Facebook
We’ve formed a private family support group as a safe place to ask questions, get advice and emotional support from people that know what you’re going through.
- Invaluable resource for those who are new to the criminal justice system in Utah
- Network with UPAN Directors, advocates, and other families of incarcerated loved ones
- Ask questions and get advice
- Moral support from others who’ve experienced the same type of issues and situations
- Formerly incarcerated individuals trying to get back on their feet and looking for resources
- Discussions on criminal justice reform issues
- News, updates, and much more