More than 50 potential sites were voluntarily submitted by property owners. These were screened using a variety of criteria over the past several months. The five finalist sites unanimously approved by the PRC at its February 27, 2015, meeting for further in-depth technical evaluation are:
- I-80 / 7200 West in Salt Lake County – This site is west of the Salt Lake City International Airport. It was identified in Round 1 and expanded with a neighboring parcel in Round 2.
- Lake Mountains West in Utah County – This site at the southernmost part of Eagle Mountain City was identified in Round 1.
- Cedar Valley South in Utah County – This site is southwest of Eagle Mountain and west of the Town of Fairfield. It was added in Round 2.
- SR 138 Industrial Park Site in Tooele County – This site is near the Walmart Distribution Center. It was added in Round 2.
- SR 112/Depot Boundary Road in Tooele County – This site is near the Miller Motorsports Park in Grantsville. It was identified in Round 1. (Site removed from consideration May 27, 2015, by property owners.)
We expect the technical review process to be completed in June or July, with a final recommendation made in August, although that date could be change. Once the PRC makes a recommendation, it will be submitted to Gov. Herbert, who will call a special session of the Legislature; legislators will then vote to approve or disapprove the recommendation.