- This event has passed.
Citizen Lobbyist Training
February 2, 2015 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pmFree
Learn how to be a Citizen Lobbyist!
Free educational event offered by ACLU of Utah, Alliance for a Better Utah, Equality Utah, Planned Parenthood Assoc. of Utah
Are you interested in finding out more about how the Utah Legislature works? Are you interested in civil liberties issues but don’t know how to get involved? Attend our upcoming Citizen Lobby Training and get the answers to these and many other questions.
Attendees will get updates about potential upcoming legislation related to civil liberties, government transparency, the criminal justice system, public education, LGBTQ equality and more! Our presenters will also share tips on how to contact elected officials and how citizens can ensure that their voices are heard throughout the legislative session.
- What: Legislative Updates & Citizen Lobby Training
- When: Monday, February 2, 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- 6:00 to 6:15 – Introductions / Refreshments
- 6:15 to 7:00 – Legislature Basics / Effective Lobbying
- 7:00 to 8:00 – 2015 Session Preview / Issues & Trends
- Who: ACLU of Utah, Alliance for a Better Utah, Equality Utah, Planned Parenthood Assoc. of Utah
This event is free and open to the public. Light refreshments will be provided.
*Note: this will take you to a Google Docs form that will be sent to Equality Utah. Or call Preston at 801-355-3479.